825 E Allman St.
PO Box 427
Medford, WI 54451
310 S 4th St.
PO Box 487
Abbotsford, WI 54405
Monday -Thursday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Friday: 8:30am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 12:00pm
Drive Up Hours
Monday -Thursday: 7:30am – 5:30pm
Friday: 7:30am – 6:00pm
Saturday: 7:30am – 12:00pm
President’s Day: Closed
Memorial Day: Closed
Independence Day: Closed
Labor Day: Closed
Columbus Day: Closed
Christmas Eve: 7:30am – 12:00pm
Christmas Day: Closed
New Year’s Eve: 7:30am – 3:00pm
New Year’s Day: Closed
We have ATMs at each of our location sites. They are visible off of highway 13 in Medford and in Abbotsford. Any time you need cash the ATM is available 24/7. Our VISA Debit Card can also be used at the ATM.
Network surcharges will apply if using an out-of-network ATM such as Jeanie, MAC, Cirrus, NYCE, Star, PLUS, etc. Look at your ATM/Debit card for applicable network compatibility, look for the Alliance One logo on ATMs.
- Treat an ATM and Visa Check card like cash. Don’t leave the card lying around the house or office. Keep the card in a safe place and sign the back to validate it.
- Be creative when selecting PINs. Select unusual letter and/or number combinations for PINs.
- Keep PINs confidential. PINs are the keys that unlock your accounts. Never reveal your PIN to anyone, including friends and relatives.
- Memorize PINs. Keeping PINs in wallets, checkbooks, or written on ATM cards just makes a crook’s job easier.
- Look around before conducting a transaction. Make sure that no one is observing you.
- Be secretive when entering your PIN. If others are waiting to use the ATM, be sure that they can’t see what you punch in the system. Use your body to shield the ATM keyboards as you enter the PIN.
- Lock up whenever you use the drive-up ATM. Keep car doors locked and passenger windows shut.
- Choose wisely when selecting an ATM. Use ATMs that are in well-lit locations. When possible.
- Exercise extra caution when using ATMs at night. Park close to the ATM in a well-lit area.
- Never accept assistance from anyone you don’t know. If you need help with an ATM, contact your institution.
- Report problems promptly. If something doesn’t feel or look right or doesn’t process normally, report it.
- Compare your records with account statements you receive. Verify that you initiated all ATM transactions. Contact your institution properly if there are any discrepancies.